- Always have a higher purpose and goal in life.
- To achieve that higher purpose, have great thought power.
- And to have great thought power, be in control of your senses and the mind.
- To control your senses and the mind – meditate more and more.
When our thoughts are concentrated, attuned with Divine Gurus and surcharged with God’s power, one can do impossible things for the sake of spiritual welfare of others. For this one must raise one’s consciousness, bring the senses in control and focus the mind completely to empower it with full force.
When the mind is surcharged, powerful thoughts of the highest good of oneself and for others should be sent in the Universe.
After meditation, leave and disperse thoughts of someone’s spiritual progress as well as evolution and pray to God that their souls may be redeemed. God’s Grace is received with such selfless acts and the Gurus respond by telling us how this purpose can be achieved. In this manner a few more souls are empowered, emancipated and enlightened thus making our Universe more peaceful, harmonious and enlightened.
One outstanding example of a dynamic thought.
At the end of the war of Mahabharat, Yudhisthir performed the tarpana ritual for the souls of the departed. Although the Pandava emerged victorious, Draupadi was remorse and dejected as she had lost all her sons in the war. Unable to bear her personal loss, she wailed unceasingly. When she became poignant and cheerless, a noble thought rose in her mind one day. After consulting her protector, friend and guru-Lord Krishna, she decided to perform a havan, a fire sacrifice and pooja to worship their deities for forgiveness. She conducted a very big havan in a desert to also pray to Mother Earth and the Universal Lord with Rishi Veda Vyasa by her side. She sincerely prayed that although her own children were no more alive, but God’s children as the future generations yet to come must have a long life. They must live in a world of abundant love and peace!
Morning meditation 10.03.11.
Meditation is a unique mental activity since it involves an individual’s mind which connects to the Universal Power thereby making it capable to receive those unlimited powers directly and in return enhancing one’s own individual powers.
A meditation technique for the beginners and advanced seekers alike.
- Sit in a comfortable position in a quiet zone with your eyes closed and back upright.
- Rest your hands on the knees with your palms turned upward.
- Take a few deep breaths until you feel relaxed.
- After sometime bring your attention to your eyes and remain there.
- Lift your attention from your eyes and bring it in between your eyebrows.
- Visualize a small lamp at this spot with a flame.
- After a while visualize that there is just the flame lit at that place. Focus on the flame.
- Remain in that position as long as you are able to.
- Now visualize entering the flame.
- You will only see yellow Light in your vision.
- At this juncture, repeat a positive affirmation for your self for your own higher good or affirm for others or do both.
- The limitless powers of the Universal Energy will start entering you, receive them without any restriction.
- Remain in this position as long as you can.
- Sit in silence for some more time so as to absorb the divine rays.
- Benefit from the calmness and tranquility.
- During the active day, recall this experience and revisit the positive feelings over and over again.
- Practice this morning and evening/night till you see the good results.
Updated on 30-06-23
The above meditation technique was given to me by Subhash Chandra Bose. He was an accomplished yogi of many lives.
It is called Tratak (त्राटक). In my book – Preservation of our Awakened Spirit, Mind & Body with Divine Knowledge, Meditation, Yoga, Pranayam & Prolonged Inner Silence, a sub chapter is given on page number 177. It is about two techniques which he gave me. One is Tratak.
The book is available on Amazon. Thank you.