- Where is Ananda hidden?
Take a few deep breaths. Focus on the point between the eyebrows and concentrate there for a while. Do not care about the noise from outside or sound of the thoughts in the background. Sit calmly and allow the mind to become motionless and enjoy the peace. Once the peace settles over you, bring your attention gently over the incoming and outgoing breath. Watch the continuous flow like an observer and do not apply any force or will.
Let this go on for some time and you will notice that as you are doing this, the mind has become calm and still and the breath is becoming shorter and slower. Now with a quiet mind, notice that there is a ‘gap’, a ‘void’ after we exhale and before we take the air in. Focus on that empty gap and become conscious of its presence. When we concentrate on these ‘gaps’ or ‘nothingness’ by keeping our attention on them, the body starts becoming motionless and the mind arrives at a point of Absolute Stillness like a still lake devoid of any ripples!
Enjoy the calmness that has now enveloped you!
2. Expand your Consciousness-III
Meditation to expand our Consciousness
Visualize white Light on top of your head at the crown chakra. Let it remain there for some time or as much as you wish.
Bring this Light from your head to your shoulders. Feel the white Light on your shoulders, remain still. You will experience peace.
Bring down the Light from your shoulders to your spine and then to your root chakra. Let the Light remain there for some time.
The spine is a hollow tube which starts from the base and ends at the base of the neck. Pass the divine Light in the hollow tube up and down many times.
Practice this and experience unalloyed peace within you.
3. Thought Power-II
A meditation technique for the beginners and advanced seekers alike-
- Sit in a comfortable position in a quiet zone with your eyes closed and back upright.
- Rest your hands on the knees with your palms turned upward.
- Take a few deep breaths until you feel relaxed.
- After sometime bring your attention to your eyes and remain there.
- Lift your attention from your eyes and bring it in between your eyebrows.
- Visualize a small lamp at this spot with a flame.
- After a while visualize that there is just the flame lit at that place. Focus on the flame.
- Remain in that position as long as you are able to.
- Now visualize entering the flame.
- You might see yellow Light in your vision.
- At this juncture, repeat a positive affirmation for yourself for your own higher good or affirm for others or do both.
- The limitless powers of the Universal Energy will start entering you, receive them without any restriction.
- Remain in this position as long as you can.
- Sit in silence for some more time so as to absorb the divine rays.
- Benefit from the calmness and tranquility.
- During the active day, recall this experience and revisit the positive feelings over and over again.
Practice this morning and evening/night till you see the good results.
A. Meditation for past life karma cleansing.
People think that in meditation we must try to stop the wandering and onslaught of thoughts and apply force to stop them. For all the sincere seekers, this point should be clarified once for all. One requires a powerful mind to let go of the subtle past karmas and be an observer. So in your meditation to improve your thought powers, bring to an end those disturbing thoughts which people are sending to you by not allowing them to enter first your aura and then your mind. More so if the thoughts are bothering you and are a hindrance in maintaining the tranquility of your composed mind. For this what you should do is that you must be watchful of the thoughts and images that keep bombarding you during concentration or meditation and instead of entertaining them, discard them. If they re-occur discard them again and again until they stop coming to you. In this manner, we make our mind empty of re-connecting to past karmas done with those people many lives ago. Practice this and after a few days, you will again be your normal self when harmony and tranquility prevails in normal life.
This method of meditation described is for subtle meditation and is prescribed for past life karma cleansing for advancing seekers.
For beginners, to improve your thought power, practice these suggestions-
When in turmoil, think of times when you were in peace. Re-live those peaceful moments.
Increase the depth and intensity of your meditation. When there is unrest inside you, re-live the depth and intensity of past meditations.
Repetition and chanting of one or two line mantras will soothe the mind and will make the mind stronger. Divine mantras add specific powers to the mind.
Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind. If they do re-surface, eliminate them repeatedly.
When in distress- mental or physical, do not give up on daily physical exercise and remembrance of God, even if you cannot meditate during such times.
B. A meditation technique for empowering your mind-
After making the atmosphere conducive, sit in a meditative posture with your body completely relaxed.
Once you are composed and calm in mind, concentrate at the crown chakra.
For some yogis, there may be some discomfort in the beginning. Continue after some time again until you feel comfortable.
Once you get accustomed to concentrating at the crown chakra, visualize golden light over your head.
Stay in this position as long as you are comfortable.
After some time visualize the rays of golden rays falling on the crown chakra. Feel the soothing rays. And the peace in the soothing rays will touch the brahma randra or crown chakra. Prolong this action or kriya.
Later visualize the golden rays entering your body through the crown chakra and penetrating the upper part of the brain, feel its sensation. The rays will then trickle down to the lower part of the brain. Imagine that your whole brain has been recharged with divine rays.
The Divine Light when invoked willingly, energizes us after it flows inside our body. If you focus on the crown chakra then the divine rays will energize your mind and give excess powers to recharge and revitalize your mental energies thus improving your thought power.
(11.07.12) Meditation on Light of God
- Sit in a comfortable position after making your body and mind calm.
- Close your eyes very gently.
- Inhale and exhale deeply till you feel your breath has calmed down.
- Focus your attention at the third eye by bringing your gaze gently to the point between the eyebrows.
- Keep your consciousness steady there.
- Imagine a picture of Shri Babaji at this place. Concentrate on it.
- Some may see blazing light either before or after the image of Shri Babaji, concentrate on it. One may also hear or see Om, the first sound created by the Divine . Absorb that.
- Feel that divine light permeating within you, around you.
- After some time, revolve and move this light over your spine as many times as you are comfortable with thus recharging yourself by cleansing your mind and body.
- And finally bring back this light at the point between your eye brows or kutastha.
- Relax completely and sit in this posture as long as you like.
- Practise this meditation daily with reverence and love.
6. Why does it take a prolonged time for our soul to manifest-III
Profound peace can be attained if you balance all your chakras at the navel, the Kundalini spot. Bring your mind’s attention at it and inhale deeply. Focus on the energy here. You will be supplied extra oxygen in this place which will in turn make your mind absolutely stable. This is one of the many Kriyas to bring a disturbed or an agitated mind at rest and fetch harmony and stability in times of intense crisis. Practice it until your peace of mind is never lost frantically.
Kriya for relaxation and tranquility
- “Inhale deeply many times a day. Leave the breath very slowly. After doing this many times, do involuntary breathing. When the mind becomes very calm, repeat the same exercise. Lie down after the mind has become extremely calm like Lord Vishnu. (Recall from Why does it take a prolonged time for our soul to manifest?-III Last portion-It can be achieved by maintaining your peace of mind. All of you worship Lord Vishnu and Lord Buddha in the reclining position without ever finding out the exact denotation of this symbol. Lord Vishnu is shown with either a pink or a blue Lotus in his navel in this special position. Pink is for love and blue represents tranquility………)